Monday, July 7, 2014

Half Birthday Cakes


I think it was when my daughter was three and a half years old, we decided to start celebrating half birthdays. By that point, she was making sure everyone knew she was two and a half versus three versus three AND A HALF. So, we decided to start a family tradition of marking the occasion.  We make a half cake and sing "Happy Half Birthday to you..." and blow out # and a half candles.  No presents. As much as my daughter begs, we don't give gifts.


First of all, I usually make a whole cake and then just cut it in half.  And for the candles, we just shove one of them farther down into the cake.

So, here are a few of the half birthday cakes I have made over the years for my son and daughter.
The Giant Cupcake has made several appearances over the years on half birthdays. 

I have also made a round or square layer cake and then cut it in half and stacked it up to make a half cake that is twice as tall.  My son likes sprinkles.  Can you tell?


My daughter requested a cheesecake one year.

And the Giant Chocolate Donut is always popular.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about half year birthday cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby birthday cake.Deliciae Cakes shops at Bandra, Powai, Juhu In Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete